Cost of a funeral
The cost of a funeral will depend on the kind of funeral you want for your loved one and, to a lesser extent, where you live.
- Our professional fees and services as Funeral Director
- Third party fees (crematorium or cemetery charges, doctor’s fees, minister or celebrant fees). These unavoidable costs are known as disbursements.
- Optional costs (for example your choice of funeral venue, type of coffins and caskets, death notices in local paper, flowers, orders of service, venue for a wake, catering)
- Taking the deceased into our care
- Basic veneer coffin
- Limited choice of funeral day, date and time
- Hearse and pall bearers
People can be on benefits for a variety of reasons and a change of circumstances, especially the death of a partner, can affect your own entitlement.
Further Reading: Bereavement Support
It can be a confusing time following a death and difficult to know what you need to do first. We are glad to be able to offer help and support at this difficult time.