What Is Funeral Financing?
All our Funeral Homes offer a finance option through Funeral Safe
- No payments for 3 months
- 0% interest for 3 months
- Pay in full within 3 months at no extra cost
- Affordable monthly repayments after 3 months
Contact your local funeral director or visit their website for more information
How to finance a funeral?
There are a number of different ways to pay for a funeral, the most common include:
- Using money from the deceased’s estate
- A pre-paid funeral plan
- Personal savings
- Life insurance plan or over 50s life plan
- Finance or loan
What happens if you can’t afford a funeral UK?
Funerals in the UK can be expensive, and you may not be financially prepared. Fortunately, there are a number of options available to help you pay for the funeral of a loved one. These include:
- Funeral financing – a credit agreement to spread the cost through monthly repayments; this is authorised and regulated through your chosen funeral director.
- Funeral loans – a personal loan to help cover funeral costs. A number of different providers offer this service, including banks, building societies and credit unions.
Alternatively, if you get certain benefits the government offer a payment plan called Funeral Expenses Payment. It can help cover:
- Cremation or burial fees, including the cost of the doctors certificate
- Travel arrangements (to and from the funeral)
- Death certificates or other documents
- Moving the body within the UK
- Funeral director fees
- The coffin or casket
Does the DWP help with funeral costs?
Who qualifies for help with funeral costs?
Eligibility will vary depending on what type of financial support you apply for, however the following criteria usually applies:
- At least 18 years old
- Permanent UK resident and resided in the UK for 3+ years
- Have a UK bank account
- In regular or part-time employment, with a minimum annual income of £8,000
- Good credit
Can you get a loan to pay for a funeral?
If you are not entitled to government help, you may wish to apply for a funeral loan. Providing the application process is successful, a loan amount will be agreed based on your ability to pay it back over a set amount of time. Terms and conditions will vary between providers.
Can you finance a funeral?
We work with a specialist consumer credit company called Funeral Safe limited to provide alternative, affordable ways to pay for a funeral. Part or all of the funeral cost (£500-7,500) can be financed, and you’ll pay it back over terms of 12 months – 5 years with (fixed) APR rates from 15.9%.
You will have a 3-month period with no scheduled repayments and no interest will accrue on your account. During this period, you can settle your account at any time and at no extra cost. After 3 months your chosen monthly payment plan will commence including the applicable interest rate for your finance agreement.
Funeral Safe Limited are the lender and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Explanations: Funeral Safe Limited provides finance from £500 – £7,500 from 15.9% APR over terms of 12 – 60 months. Representative Example: After your 3 month free period – Loan amount of £2500.00 with a monthly repayment of £227.45 over a term of 12 months at a rate of interest per annum of 10.20% Fixed. This is equivalent to 19.9% APR representative. Total amount repayable is £2754.50. Your personal circumstances affect the rate we can offer you which may differ from the representative APR. We will do a credit assessment of your circumstances when you apply. Credit available subject to status to UK residents aged 18 years and over. Funeral Safe finance is available over terms of 1 – 5 years with (fixed) APR rates from 15.9% – 24.9% based on circumstances. Funeral Safe Limited of Alton Business Centre, Valley Lane, Wherstead, Suffolk, IP9 2AX.