Find and compare funeral undertakers near you
When arranging a funeral for a loved one, many people use funeral undertakers, also referred to as a funeral director. If you require this professional service during this difficult time, we’re here to support you.
As a funeral undertaker, we’re here to listen, advise and guide you through the process
To help you make funeral plans for your loved one, our range of funeral homes offer a professional and caring service that’s personalised to your needs.
Enter your funeral director location and search
Type your location to search for undertaker services near you.
Choose a local funeral undertaker
Find the most convenient funeral director location to see the options they offer, and gain more information about the high-quality service they provide.
Get in touch via telephone or their website
Speak to one of our dedicated and knowledgeable team members, who can explain the different options available.
Search for funeral undertaker services
How to choose a funeral undertaker
1. Check the services – Do they offer the type of funeral you are looking for?
2. Suitable pricing – Do their funeral costs match your expectations?
3. Find a local funeral home – Are they easy to get to in case you need to visit?
4. Customer reviews – Do they have positive feedback from previous clients?
5. Payment options – How do they take payment, i.e. upfront or after?
6. Professional and caring – Do they understand your needs and personal wishes?
Your questions answered
What is an undertaker?
A funeral director, also known as an undertaker (UK) or mortician (USA), is the person/people in charge of making funeral arrangements on behalf of a bereaved family.
What does a funeral undertaker do?
The role of an undertaker typically includes:
- Providing support and guidance for the family and friends
- Discussing funeral costs and specific requests
- Speaking with religious officials and relevant third parties
- Handling legal documents, i.e. medical certificate of cause of death
- Writing obituaries and organising the order of service
- Preparing the body, i.e. embalming
- Arranging the casket, funeral flowers and transport to the burial site
- Ensuring the funeral service runs smoothly
Do undertakers arrange everything at a funeral?
Undertakers work closely with the family and friends to meet their expectations and organise any personal requests in relation to the service.
What is the difference between an undertaker and a funeral director?
The terms are often used interchangeably but usually refer to the same thing. However, sometimes they can mean the following:
- Undertaker – the person in charge of the body and funeral service
- Funeral Director – someone who operates a funeral home
- Mortician – an individual who prepares the body
Do undertakers do cremation only funerals?
No, undertakers organise any type of funeral including religious/non-religious ceremonies, burials or cremations.
What to do when someone dies?
Compare undertaker services in your area
Why use Funeral Partners for undertaker services?
It’s easy to see Funeral Partners is a widely respected brand. MuchLoved, the bereavement charity, for example, collects and publishes independent reviews of funeral directors which consistently rate Funeral Partners branches highly. Funeral Partners has over 200 funeral homes and organises 13,000 funerals a year in the UK. Some branches offer many different services and this choice allows families to find the right funeral providers for them and get in touch with ease, at a difficult time. We have a deep knowledge of the industry, providing reliability, trust and quality to help you navigate a difficult and potentially unknown time.
For more information, please contact your local funeral undertakers where our dedicated team will be happy to discuss your needs.
Search for funeral undertaker services in your area
Hedge End, Hampshire
Considerate & sympathetic
Helpful considerate sympathetic went out of there way to help make the process as smoothly as possible, kept in touch throughout the whole time would recommend without reservation.
Compassion & efficiency
Outstanding from the initial phone call to the internment. Nothing was too much trouble and we were guided through the whole procedure with compassion and efficiency. Thank you.
Respect & sensitivity
I would like to thank Cheryl for her understanding, respect and sensitivity in helping my Husband and I to arrange for my Mothers Funeral. We have used Doves on two there occasions and we have always found great help.
Reviews in partnership with